Skip to main content

Catching Up and Sharing Out

These past few weeks have been wonderful, as I managed to catch up with friends to bring memories out of the mind, to refresh those moments. Now, several of them have decided to retire from the corporate world to concentrate on what they have always wanted to do or to reduce the stress level that has affected their health. Whatever the reasons might be, the key point is still doing what brings happiness to our existence.
Living a good life is a simple philosophy that one can develop for oneself. There is no magic, no necessity for a guru to tell you nor the requirement of big wealth, as the "poor" bankers will want to tell you. After the sub-prime crisis emanating out of the USA, many are now more realistic about growth and investment returns. It is exactly the desire to live within our means and the reality of impermanence that brings us back to the fundamental of wanting to live a good life.
In the sharing of information, I found these two websites as being really useful to me. One is about the sharing of experiences by various people in short videos. The site URL is http://www.ted.com. The other one is http://www.watercure.com which attempts to make us believe that water is a lot less than ordinary, and can help us in our health, as we age.
Enjoy the information and be happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog that Integrates

As I experiment with blogspot which is part of iGoogle, I am beginning to feel its power to integrate. The article on Natural Cure, is posted directly from Google Docs (Beta) in which the original resides. This is the first time I attempted this action, and it works seamlessly. I can now easily write an article in word document, store it in Google Docs (Beta), and then publish it to my blog. If you go to the Links on the left and click on the "Pictorial Journey" you are immediately taken to Picasa, which is also part of iGoogle. In this photo storage, you are able to see what I have put in as public photos. You can also have private photos which are not shared. I have not tried video, as it takes time to edit for something that is worth sharing. Google has purchased YouTube for a few billion dollars, and this means you can integrate video as well. I am sure it can be linked to e-Bay which you buy and sell your stuffs and many more. I have to keep this experiment going to opti...

Thankful

Being thankful in any situation is a positive attitude. It brings peace to the mind and rest the heart. The result is a healthy body and a smiling face. Today go about and spread the story of being thankful

Keeping Fit and Sleeping Good

A couple of HP alumni mentioned about folding bikes, exercise, and alumni meet up to me. It did not take me long to decide that the idea was good and aligned to my life goals. I did some research on folding bikes and to my surprise; this is an exploding industry, as more people become more environmentally friendly. It was reported that the OCBC Cycle 2101 (March) in Singapore this year drew 9500 versus 5000 cyclists last year. The Taipei Cycle exhibition is one where bike enthusiasts will be happy to attend. The magazine, Spin Asia is a must read to have a better appreciation of this industry (http://www.motorculture.com.sg/page27.html). I decided to purchase the Birdy Touring (http://www.birdy.com.au/) which has 24 gears (3 x 8) to allow me to have more flexibility to build up my stamina. I like the idea of the monocoque frame and the discounted pricing by DigiNexx helps to come to the decision. Since April 9, I have been using the Upper Thomson, Venus and Old Upper Thomson Road. I tr...