Skip to main content

Time and Tide Wait for No Man

I have known this saying for over forty years now and it still remains as true as it was then. Why this title?

I had lunch with a group of good buddies, all over fifties at Sushi Teh, at the former Big Splash at East Coast Park, Singapore. The discussions were over multiple topics and boisterous for each one of them. They ranged from living in Australia versus in Singapore, racism, globalization, money to Facebook. There will never be enough boredom when we get together, where laughter rang out loud, and each one contributing their experience.

Time did pass, and two hours whizzed by without me noticing. If I had not gone to this lunch, I would have missed the fun and the laughter. The two hours will still go by and I could be sitting by twittering my fingers and getting precious little done.

The lesson is when you feel like doing something, do it. The worst sin is to think too much over the consequence or what else could I do, if I had not done that. Such "academic excellence" which works well in a university does little to make life worth living when one reaches fifty. To partake in such an atmosphere of sharing and laughing is simply living the good life.

Indeed, time has passed, and so has the tide. Life goes on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog that Integrates

As I experiment with blogspot which is part of iGoogle, I am beginning to feel its power to integrate. The article on Natural Cure, is posted directly from Google Docs (Beta) in which the original resides. This is the first time I attempted this action, and it works seamlessly. I can now easily write an article in word document, store it in Google Docs (Beta), and then publish it to my blog. If you go to the Links on the left and click on the "Pictorial Journey" you are immediately taken to Picasa, which is also part of iGoogle. In this photo storage, you are able to see what I have put in as public photos. You can also have private photos which are not shared. I have not tried video, as it takes time to edit for something that is worth sharing. Google has purchased YouTube for a few billion dollars, and this means you can integrate video as well. I am sure it can be linked to e-Bay which you buy and sell your stuffs and many more. I have to keep this experiment going to opti...

Thankful

Being thankful in any situation is a positive attitude. It brings peace to the mind and rest the heart. The result is a healthy body and a smiling face. Today go about and spread the story of being thankful

Keeping Fit and Sleeping Good

A couple of HP alumni mentioned about folding bikes, exercise, and alumni meet up to me. It did not take me long to decide that the idea was good and aligned to my life goals. I did some research on folding bikes and to my surprise; this is an exploding industry, as more people become more environmentally friendly. It was reported that the OCBC Cycle 2101 (March) in Singapore this year drew 9500 versus 5000 cyclists last year. The Taipei Cycle exhibition is one where bike enthusiasts will be happy to attend. The magazine, Spin Asia is a must read to have a better appreciation of this industry (http://www.motorculture.com.sg/page27.html). I decided to purchase the Birdy Touring (http://www.birdy.com.au/) which has 24 gears (3 x 8) to allow me to have more flexibility to build up my stamina. I like the idea of the monocoque frame and the discounted pricing by DigiNexx helps to come to the decision. Since April 9, I have been using the Upper Thomson, Venus and Old Upper Thomson Road. I tr...