Skip to main content

Revisit the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People


Many ask about the secret to success. I want to rephrase it as the secret to living a good life. I thought about this, and in my many readings, Stephen Covey's book about the "Seven Habits" still come to mind as being easy to associate these basic but deep principles of life. So, I revisit them so that we can recall them from time to time to make them real to us
Habit 1 : Be Proactive

Habit 2 : Begin with the End in Mind

Habit 3 : Put First Things First

Habit 4 : Think Win-Win

Habit 5 : Seek First to Understand Then to be Understood

Habit 6 : Synergize

Habit 7 : Sharpen the Saw


Covey has since come up with the eight habit, which in my mind should be Habit Zero - as it is fundamental in living a good life - being passionate about it; whatever that "it" may be. For without Habit Zero, the "Seven Habits" are just rational processes. In here, lies the simple, but lost habit, as we grow up in a world of materialism and skin-deep "success". It is analogous to "Ground Zero" - the beginning of greatness; not for its own sake but for the sake of many.



Start thinking about these, and perhaps that universal energy, hidden from us will reveal itself and truly reenergize us into creature of passion than alien to the search of happiness.


Like in Star War, may the force be with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog that Integrates

As I experiment with blogspot which is part of iGoogle, I am beginning to feel its power to integrate. The article on Natural Cure, is posted directly from Google Docs (Beta) in which the original resides. This is the first time I attempted this action, and it works seamlessly. I can now easily write an article in word document, store it in Google Docs (Beta), and then publish it to my blog. If you go to the Links on the left and click on the "Pictorial Journey" you are immediately taken to Picasa, which is also part of iGoogle. In this photo storage, you are able to see what I have put in as public photos. You can also have private photos which are not shared. I have not tried video, as it takes time to edit for something that is worth sharing. Google has purchased YouTube for a few billion dollars, and this means you can integrate video as well. I am sure it can be linked to e-Bay which you buy and sell your stuffs and many more. I have to keep this experiment going to opti...

Thankful

Being thankful in any situation is a positive attitude. It brings peace to the mind and rest the heart. The result is a healthy body and a smiling face. Today go about and spread the story of being thankful

Keeping Fit and Sleeping Good

A couple of HP alumni mentioned about folding bikes, exercise, and alumni meet up to me. It did not take me long to decide that the idea was good and aligned to my life goals. I did some research on folding bikes and to my surprise; this is an exploding industry, as more people become more environmentally friendly. It was reported that the OCBC Cycle 2101 (March) in Singapore this year drew 9500 versus 5000 cyclists last year. The Taipei Cycle exhibition is one where bike enthusiasts will be happy to attend. The magazine, Spin Asia is a must read to have a better appreciation of this industry (http://www.motorculture.com.sg/page27.html). I decided to purchase the Birdy Touring (http://www.birdy.com.au/) which has 24 gears (3 x 8) to allow me to have more flexibility to build up my stamina. I like the idea of the monocoque frame and the discounted pricing by DigiNexx helps to come to the decision. Since April 9, I have been using the Upper Thomson, Venus and Old Upper Thomson Road. I tr...