Skip to main content

Change and More Changes


Last week, I had yet another farewell lunch for two colleagues, whom I have known for a long time. There have been too many of such lunches in these past couple of years. They marked the changing of culture in a company, famed for its care for its employees then. How things have changed! And it will continue to change.

Like Darwin's theory on evolution, one has to adapt to the changes as a part of the cycle ends(ending phase) and move through a period of uncertainty (neutral phase) before emerging into a new environment (new beginning phase). Life will continue to be a series of minor and major changes. The lesson in life to live a good life is to take the changes as they come as part of the corporate life cycle.


For entrepreneur, the water will certainly be more choppy. I have seen my brother emerging from losing almost all, rebuilding the wealth and back to business as usual, at least for a while. He is living a good life and enjoying it. I have learnt much from his experience.

"Let go" as the principle in buddhism is very apt. There is no point "crying over spilt milk" but rather look at the positive side of life, and "move on". There is always "light at the end of the tunnel" or a "silver lining" in everything we experienced. One can look at the "glass, as half empty or half full."

Living a good life is about having good time with the family, friends and the society around us. Move forward as there are exciting challenges ahead to forget the past.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog that Integrates

As I experiment with blogspot which is part of iGoogle, I am beginning to feel its power to integrate. The article on Natural Cure, is posted directly from Google Docs (Beta) in which the original resides. This is the first time I attempted this action, and it works seamlessly. I can now easily write an article in word document, store it in Google Docs (Beta), and then publish it to my blog. If you go to the Links on the left and click on the "Pictorial Journey" you are immediately taken to Picasa, which is also part of iGoogle. In this photo storage, you are able to see what I have put in as public photos. You can also have private photos which are not shared. I have not tried video, as it takes time to edit for something that is worth sharing. Google has purchased YouTube for a few billion dollars, and this means you can integrate video as well. I am sure it can be linked to e-Bay which you buy and sell your stuffs and many more. I have to keep this experiment going to opti...

Thankful

Being thankful in any situation is a positive attitude. It brings peace to the mind and rest the heart. The result is a healthy body and a smiling face. Today go about and spread the story of being thankful

Keeping Fit and Sleeping Good

A couple of HP alumni mentioned about folding bikes, exercise, and alumni meet up to me. It did not take me long to decide that the idea was good and aligned to my life goals. I did some research on folding bikes and to my surprise; this is an exploding industry, as more people become more environmentally friendly. It was reported that the OCBC Cycle 2101 (March) in Singapore this year drew 9500 versus 5000 cyclists last year. The Taipei Cycle exhibition is one where bike enthusiasts will be happy to attend. The magazine, Spin Asia is a must read to have a better appreciation of this industry (http://www.motorculture.com.sg/page27.html). I decided to purchase the Birdy Touring (http://www.birdy.com.au/) which has 24 gears (3 x 8) to allow me to have more flexibility to build up my stamina. I like the idea of the monocoque frame and the discounted pricing by DigiNexx helps to come to the decision. Since April 9, I have been using the Upper Thomson, Venus and Old Upper Thomson Road. I tr...